Sunday, July 31, 2011

Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery

I just discovered someone has been plagiarizing my blog! I am both flattered and disturbed right now. Well, if you're reading this, "Thinking," I have just outed you.

The blogger, "Thinking," has a blog entry, "I am White Swan !" dated September 23, 2010, that is almost word-for-word identical to my blog entry, "I am a white swan," dated December 3, 2005. "Thinking" added a sentence or two, but they're pretty much the same. Click on the two hyperlinks, and judge for yourselves.

Just found another one, "Not that INTO me ?" dated August 12, 2010, which is eerily similar to one of my older entries, "He's just not that into me?" dated December 25, 2005.

I don't have the time or energy to see what other entries "Thinking" copied and slightly modified for "originality's sake." Suffice it to say, I don't mind if people quote, copy, whatever from my blog. Just give me some credit!

Of course, I read all the comments to "Thinking's blog entries" and read them as if they're responding to me. Also, I will post a comment on her blog. Who knows how many other bloggers have been plagiarized?

To quote Thinking, "I am honored" to have been plagiarized. (See? This sentence is an example of attributing credit.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Yellow Gal...

I am sorry for being nasty with your blog and you are right that this is very lame of me to copy from your blog.

At first I used your posts to impress someone and then somehow start coming up with my own ideas.

I know nothing can feel you better. But one thing is sure that you are the best writer I have ever read...because...whenever I showed your copied post to my readers they all inspired...and please don't think that I never give you credit...some of them knows that I copied from you...

If you like...I can openly make a post on my blog...giving you all the credit...but it will be a bit embarrasing for me as what would I tell the person I wanted to impress....?

I am so sorry....since you were not updating your blog...I thought that you will not come again...and so I used som of the contents of your blog...

I really am sorry.

I really want you to be my friend and to help me writing better...

Sorry again.

Anonymous said...

Hey...its me again.

It was honor to have you on my blog.

Please tell me what should I do to make you feel better...I really dont want to hurt you.

I am sorry again.

Anonymous said...

Please write me :

live-life-you@live.com

Thinking.

Yellow Gal said...

Hi "Thinking." I know what it's like to want to impress someone; I think everyone has been in that situation. But wouldn't you rather this person appreciate you for you rather than for someone else? Who knows, that person may be more impressed by your own thoughts than someone else's.

Honestly, we both know what the right thing to do is: admit it on your blog that you plagiarized, delete all the posts you plagiarized, or at least give me credit. It's better than me giving myself credit by going to each entry you copied and posting the original entry.

It was easy for me to figure out you copied my blog. What if your friends find out too? Wouldn't it be easier if they found out from you directly, rather than through some other means? I know it's embarrassing, but it is the right thing to do.

 
Site Meter