Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Faith

Few things are as humbling as being let go by one's firm; even a firm that was a source of abject misery and reduced one to tears on an almost nightly basis. Very humbling nonetheless. It is particularly humbling when one had no notice, and was let go during one of the worst economic crises one had ever seen in one's adult life. It is even more humbling when one is let go, not because of the economic downturn, but because of a lack of fit.

One feels a distinct vulnerability when such an event occurs. It is tangible; sharp and sweet, like a sugary blade cutting something deep inside. In these moments, one feels like a third person reading one's own story, and writing another person's blog; yet unlike a story or blog, it does not end the moment the book or web browser is closed. It lingers, and reverberates, until the last of its echoes is muted by the Next Big Event in One's Life.

What does one do until the Next Big Event? Dance for joy? Have a pity party? Dance for joy at one's pity party?

At any rate, things always have a way of working out. It's perhaps just a matter of time. And faith.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no my fellow Yellow lawyer! Did they give you any severence or did they cheat you out of that? Have faith my Yellow friend! The good thing is you can relax and chill for a bit! I always wanted the excuse to do something differnet (pack up and study a language, etc.) but never got the opportunity.

Yellow Lawyer

Yellow Gal said...

Yep, I got a severance. You're right, it gives me a chance to think about what I really want. As I mentioned 932,483,294 times in this blog, I'm seriously considering leaving the law. More contemplating and introspecting to do...

Anonymous said...

Think about it as a terrific opportunity. There are times when I wish I had to guts to quit, pack-up and move to China. See, the plan was to learn Chinese and party and pick-up girls. Well, you've got a boyfriend, so I guess you don't need to pick-up guys, but, hey, maybe your sex drive will improve since you won't have to deal with angry partners. haha. (And, in anticipation of your likely comment, I do know sex doesn't solve all problems, but hey it does go a long way to helping you reach the climax -- sorry, couldn't resist the pun.)

Yellow Lawyer

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year my yellow friend!

Get drunk! I intend to!

Yellow Lawyer

Anonymous said...

yellow lawyer is drunk. no i'm not drunk. drunk posting. drunk commenting. hahahahahaha
hehehe

will you revelals? yourself? please yellow gal? hlellss

why blogger so picky on word verificiation

 
Site Meter