Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday morning musings

It's Sunday morning. I'm in bed as I type this. And my kitten is sleeping peacefully on my right thigh.

The only thing that mars this Sunday morning is the fact that I have to go to work today. I really don't want to, but I have to.

I think about those women who don't have to work for a living. Before, I was judgmental towards them. Unlike them, I aspired to be an educated woman, a career woman, an independent woman.

Now, I find myself coveting those women's lives. How magnificent would life be if I didn't have to work? If I were independently wealthy? I could just live my life and really enjoy my life. It wouldn't necessarily mean vegging every day (though that sounds pretty nice). I could write the Novel, i.e., the novel that every working stiff wished he/she but doesn't because of lack of inspiration, time and/or energy. I could travel to India or Egypt or New Zealand. I could work for a non-profit in the city, and feel like I'm doing something, rather than working for a firm that redistributes money between two parties. We're all going to die one day. And on that day, what will we have to show for it?

Man, I really don't want to go to work today.

No comments:

 
Site Meter